Re: mcdx.c (1.3.93) + Audio Player Workman = system freezes

Martin.Dalecki (dalecki@namu23.Num.Math.Uni-Goettingen.de)
Mon, 6 May 1996 17:18:04 +0200 (MET DST)

On Fri, 3 May 1996, Martin Buck wrote:

> But there are still some problems: ioctl(CDROMEJECT) always returns EIO on
> my FX001S (though the disc gets ejected and everything else seems to be
> fine). The old mcdx-versions never had that problem.

This was due to silly typo.

> Also, workman doesn't work with my drive and the new mcdx. Sometimes it doesn't
> notice disc changes (e.g. when I start workman while a mounted CD is in the
> Has anybody else seen such problems or am I the only one still using a
> single-speed drive? :-)

The problems with workman where due to a glitch in the handling of
CDROMVOLCTRL. I didn't notice them becouse I'm using a hacked WorkMan,
which controls the volume through my soundcard, instead of the ioctrl
interface of the CD-ROM. So all worked fine only for me.
Sorry for the inconvenience.

Finally I'm using a single speed drive, but in the weekend I got
also hands on an leased doublespeed :-). All problems seems to be gone now.
The driver is now thoroughly tested on FX001-D,M and F drives.
Therefore I will put an corrected version, mcdx-2.2 into sunsite/incomming
tomorrow.

I hope that this will be the final one.

Marcin Dalecki