RE: Linux logo

Chris Hoover (upstate1@cris.com)
Sun, 5 May 1996 18:55:12 -0400

How about a bunch of penguins marching with buring Microsoft flags on poles (Kind of like the pictures of old Iran/Iraq).

Chris

----------
From: Steven L Baur[SMTP:steve@miranova.com]
Sent: Saturday, May 04, 1996 2:01 PM
To: Mark Lehrer
Cc: linux-kernel@vger.rutgers.edu
Subject: Re: Linux logo

>> > Does anyone with a fireproof vest and a good drawing hand want to
>> > try a picture of the BSD daemon flat out on the floor with stars
>> > around its head and a penguin in boxing gloves standing on top ?

Mark> hmm. i don't think FreeBSD is the "adversary" here, but Windows 95
Mark> certainly is. how about a penguin smashing in a window or something?

I agree. We should be allies with BSD. How about a penguin with its
foot grinding down on an ugly waving flag? Or instead of the above
with BSD daemon, a caricature of an ugly nerd with big glasses. I
like that the best. Bill Gates getting his lights punched out by a
penguin.

--
steve@miranova.com baur
Unsolicited commercial e-mail will be proofread for $250/hour.