Re: X Windows and PPP

Phillip (pj22298@xx.acs.appstate.edu)
Sun, 5 May 1996 00:00:46 -0400 (EDT)

Are you starting X by running 'startx' (or something) or `telinit 4'?
If you are starting w/ telinit 4, it [swc]ould kill it. Witchever way,
try it the other and see if it works.

On Wed, 1 May 1996, David McGlumphy wrote:

> Hello all,
> Someone wrote before about their ppp connection dropping when
> they started X up. Did anyone find a solution? Nothing has changed on
> this machine except the kernel version. I have no idea when this started,
> as it was a long time ago and I've just been putting up with it, hoping a
> newer kernel would fix it. The machine is a P90 with 8 megs ram/20 meg
> swap and never had any problems before. I can restart ppp after loading
> X, but it would be nice to not have the connection break every time I
> start it. Any ideas?
> Dave

186,282 miles per second:
It isn't just a good idea, it's the law!

pj22298@xx.acs.appstate.edu http://xx.acs.appstate.edu/~pj22298