And off topic even futher (Was: Re: On the topic of noisy drivers...)

Thu, 2 May 1996 16:03:08 +0100 (BST)

On Wed, 1 May 1996, David A Willmore wrote something vagely connected to:

> ...Anyone have any ATI EGA wonders...

Hmm, anyone notice how the obsolited (well, older anyway) hardware, that
was wizzy go faster hardware (well it still is, but we've got even
wizzer, and go fasterer hardware now, as standard, ie EGA -> VGA -> SVGA)
has a (now) silly sounding name. It could of course be me (he
(/you/David) could have ment a VGA wonder, as I've never hurd of an
EGA one, but it may exist, but the same idea applies). Hmm, whatabout is
5 years time, when we've all got our 100Mb Super4D 512bit Video card
(with go faster stripes ;), and 1m SuperCube3D Pro displays (also with go
faster stripes ;), how silly a 17" SVGA monitor, with a 4Mb Vram 128bit
Accelerated Video card will be (no I have Nether, well a 17" monitor,
but...). Oh well, back to the real world for a while (it'll be a 1m flat
screen monitor anyway .... ;)

> Cheers,
> David

Bryn

--
PGP key pass phrase forgotten,   \ Overload -- core meltdown sequence
again :(                          |            initiated.