Re: 1.3.97 doesnt compile and will not compile with 2940

Graham Mitchell (gmitch@woodlea.wintermute.co.uk)
Thu, 2 May 1996 04:48:32 +0000

On 1 May 96 at 21:00, Tigran Aivazian wrote:

> > Strange..... it worked fine for me.....
> >
> > Graham
> >
> Dear Graham,
>
> No, it is impossible. It does NOT compile for you just like it doesnt
> compile for me unless you did what I did, which is copied file
> aic7xxx_seq.h from 1.3.95 distribution to /usr/src/linux/drivers/scsi.
>
> Other alternatives are:
>
> 1. You are using modules and, therefore, its a totally "different Universe"
> of which I know nothing and cant comment

I use modules.... but not for my SCSI drive for my root device.

> 2. You used patch against previous version whereas I always download new
> linux-XXX.tar.gz file (its only a few megs... :) and I have this
> superstitous fear of using patches, the fresh kernel looks "nicer")
> and, therefore, you had the file left there from previous version.

Yup..... the kernel release doesnt end in a 0, so its a patch. I only
pull the full set every 10 releases (usually).

> 3. Miracle happened and aic7xxx_seq.h got created by itself on your host
> (possible but highly unlikely IMHO)

Nah..... not even QED could account for that....:)

Graham

Ask not what you can do for your country,
but what your government is doing to you