RE: Linux-1.3.97 aka the "Killer Penguin" release..

shaggenbunsenburner (shagboy@thecia.net)
Thu, 2 May 1996 02:36:06 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 29 Apr 1996, Simon Shapiro wrote:

> Here are a couple of ducks :-)
>
> ps -af gets a segfault. ps -a is fine, ps -f is fine. ps -af sometimes
> will be fine. All with procps 0.99, recompiled daily.

hmm... i'm getting it with ps -t. noticed that ps doesn't show "full
names" of console terms anymore, just "1" for tty1 (console) as opposed
to "v01" (is that what it used to say?)

i'm not 100% sure it's not a bad SIMM, i got new ones about a week ago,
but i haven't seen any other problems that could be explained that way,
so i'll test some more.

shag

Judd Bourgeois | When we are planning for posterity,
shagboy@thecia.net | we ought to remember that virtue is
Finger for PGP key | not hereditary. Thomas Paine