Re: Whee, Greased HedgeHog on Steroids, take 2

shaggenbunsenburner (shagboy@thecia.net)
Thu, 2 May 1996 02:42:29 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 30 Apr 1996, Andrew C. Esh wrote:

> Informal names will be made up of an adjective, a small animal,
> A verb which is being performed by the small animal, and a substance
> or object being operated on by the verb. The specific words are
> determined my the digit of the version number.
>
> [ snip ]
>
> Kernel 1.1.18 was a Greased GroundHog selling Mountain Dew.
> Kernel 1.3.95 is a Greased HedgeHog on Steroids.
> Kernel 2.0.(0)0 will be a TurboCharged Chicken doing LSD.

hee hee... kinda like mad libs for linux... :)

> If you'd like, I could write a PERL script which will scan the Makefile
> of your current kernel source code and tell you the proper non-numeric
> name for that kernel.

sure - let's put it in the mainstream kernel distribution as "make madlib
zlilo" or something :)

shag

Judd Bourgeois | When we are planning for posterity,
shagboy@thecia.net | we ought to remember that virtue is
Finger for PGP key | not hereditary. Thomas Paine