Re: GateD Compile Problems

Brian Topping (topping@mauswerks.com)
Wed, 1 May 1996 21:05:15 -0700

At 1:47 AM 4/30/96, Alan Cox wrote:
>> The file task.c is looking for 'struct cmsghdr'. I have looked
>> through all the header files in the /usr/include tree and the gated
>> source and haven't found anything close. If it's there, where can I
>> find it?
>
>Thats an item we are working on. Adding fd passing has tripped gated into
>expecting a large number of weird BSD features we dont support.

Is this in reference to the definition of SCM_RIGHTS in socket.h? I
#undef'ed it to get Gated to compile, part of which required a field
msg_flags from struct msghdr. This is a BSD 4.3 Reno-ism (according to
Stephens anyways).

I don't know a lot about this, but I assume it makes sense in some context
to define SCM_RIGHTS. Question is, does it also make sense to bring the
features to match 4.3 Reno?

-B