Re: On the topic of noisy drivers...

David A Willmore (willmore@cig.mot.com)
Wed, 1 May 1996 15:02:41 -0500

On May 1, 10:30am, Steven L Baur wrote:
> I like the increased information at boot. It's reassuring. Sure
> there's more information than will fit on one screen, but SHIFT PageUp
> will still let you see everything. Having all that information in
> syslog after boot can be quite useful too.

Oh, increased information is great. Taking one whole screen line to tell me
that each of sd[abcdef] uses 512 byte hardware sector size is over the hill.
How about one line saying sda:512, sdb:512, ... that would be nice and still
contain all of the informatin.

WRT scrollback, there is none on a Herc mono card. Sure, I can syslog after
boot, but I might not be able to get that far. Anyone have any ATI EGA wonders
that they want to get rid of? ;)

Cheers,
David