Re: ext2: bug or feature

Jon Lewis (jlewis@inorganic5.fdt.net)
Wed, 1 May 1996 02:21:14 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 30 Apr 1996, Ulrich Windl wrote:

> Yesterday I put a "errors=ro" in my /etc/fstab, because my manual
> page was misformatted. Unfortunately this entry did not let me mount
> the filesystem rw during normal startup. In addition I could not
> login with / being read-only.
>
> I think even if an invalid option for "errors" is specified, the
> filesystem should be allowed to be mounted rw.

While we're bashing mount, how about having mount complain about and then
ignore invalid/unsupported mount options? Booting a kernel without quota
support on a box that normally has quota, mount won't mount any partition
that has quota options...at least not on my old systems:

(u)mount: version from util-linux-1.10

Jon Lewis | Mime attachments are OK
jlewis@inorganic5.fdt.net | But please ask before sending
http://inorganic5.fdt.net | unsolicited huge files.