Re: 1.3.9[01234567] oopses

Jeff Coy Jr. (jcoy@jcoy-ppp.cscwc.pima.edu)
Tue, 30 Apr 1996 18:37:49 -0700 (MST)

On Tue, 30 Apr 1996, Bob Nielsen wrote:

> Gosh, I must be doing something wrong.
>
> I haven't had any problems with any of the latest stuff. Please tell me
> what I need to fix so that my system will crash. (I am not running
> modules, kerneld, etc., etc.)

gosh, i can't figure out how to get my systems to crash either. none
of them, and i run 5 networked machines, 3 of which are on the internet
full-time: all using modules and all using kerneld. i've had no
problems- you'd have heard about them if i was.

i really wish people would stop knocking kerneld. it's working quite
well, and it's useful. if you havn't tried it or don't like it, that's
fine- but give it the benefit of the doubt.

jeff

---
Why Linux? source code. POSIX. tcpip. job control. support from the authors.
drivers for most hardware.  because one terminal or process is never enough.
    forget the other O/Ss, i use Linux- the choice of a GNU generation.