Re: Linux-1.3.97 aka the "Killer Penguin" release..

David A Willmore (willmore@cig.mot.com)
Tue, 30 Apr 1996 14:06:57 -0500

On Apr 29, 6:04pm, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> It also includes a new version of the in2000 SCSI driver - the old one never
> really worked correctly, and hopefully the new one is better. Does anybody
use
> that controller (I haven't heard much about it lately, probably exactly
because
> it hasn't been very stable under linux)?

The old driver would crash on command. All one had to do was run the seek
subtest of bonnie or swap to a drive on it. Instant SCSI bus lock. The new
driver is much improved. It has made my old IN2000 a very solid controller.
Now, if I could just figure out what's crashing the system now... Why are all
of these 'update' processes lying about? *sigh*

One flipper up for the new IN2000 driver. Good job John!

Cheers,
David