Re: What Priority?

Tue, 30 Apr 1996 21:21:48 +0100 (BST)

On Mon, 29 Apr 1996, Andrew E. Mileski wrote:

> What priority should kernel messages that appear _only_ at
> boot be? KERN_NOTICE or KERN_INFO (or something else)?
> I'd like these messages to appear (instead of being swallowed
> by klogd).
>
> I understand that miscellaneous messages after boot should be
> KERN_INFO, unless a core meltdown is imminent :-)

Hmm, I don't think you can make them go away, as all messages are going
to get to the console before you start syslogd/klogd, and by the time you
do get to starting them (everything after init actually), it's just
processes echoing to the console anyway. Problem solved (well killed
anyway).

Bryn

--
PGP key pass phrase forgotten,   \ Overload -- core meltdown sequence
again :(                          |            initiated.