Re: RedHat 7.0 anaconda installer doesn't support devfs

From: Tom Rini (trini@kernel.crashing.org)
Date: Sat Oct 07 2000 - 14:30:27 EST

On Fri, Oct 06, 2000 at 09:19:45PM -0400, Joseph Fannin wrote:
> Jeff Merkey wrote:
>
> >On Sat, Oct 07, 2000 at 12:31:05AM -0400, jeff millar wrote:
> >> Redhat support got back to me today and said 7.0 doesnt support
> >> upgrades to systems running devfs. But I thought sure than Linus
> >> blessed it! :-)
> >> Does anyone have a fix?
> >
> >Good question. I noticed this as well.
>

> I couldn't run devfs on a fresh install of RedHat 7 either; the
> use of labels in fstab to identify partitions seems to preclude this.

Eh? That doesn't make sense. I've used devfs & LABELs in my fstab before
fine. That really shouldn't be the problem. Your root gets mounted, yes?
Then /proc and /proc is needed (I don't know the file) for the LABEL/UUID->
device stuff.

> Well, I *could* have hacked all the necessary scripts if I knew what
> they were, I guess.

The rawhide scripts used to start devfs all by themselves.

--
Tom Rini (TR1265)
http://gate.crashing.org/~trini/