Re: [preview] VIA v3.6 and AMD v1.2 IDE drivers

From: Vojtech Pavlik (vojtech@suse.cz)
Date: Fri Oct 06 2000 - 04:09:18 EST

On Fri, Oct 06, 2000 at 01:58:52AM -0700, Andre Hedrick wrote:

> You are just having to much fun!

Oh yes, I am. :) Just found yet-another-vt82c686a-bug. With heavy IDE disk
activity at UDMA66 speed the PIT (i8253) latch register gets reset to a
random value now and then. Seems like some interference inside the chip.

The time on the machine then behaves rather funny ... I wonder if this
affects other VIA chips as well or just my stepping CD silicon of the 686a.

By the way, any comments about the new VIA & AMD drivers, and the
ide-tuning.h include file?

--
Vojtech Pavlik
SuSE Labs