Re: failure to burn CDs under 2.4.0-test9

From: Dennis K (dennis@ipt.dtu.dk)
Date: Fri Oct 06 2000 - 03:24:36 EST

Henrik Størner wrote:
> Heh - the first drive I saw this on was an old HP IDE drive only
> capable of burning at double-speed. The second - a Yamaha SCSI
> drive - does support CDRW, but I rarely use it. The Yamaha does
> quad-speed, which is what I used when the burn faild.
>
> Haven't had any problems prior to this with these drives running at
> their max speed, though. And the same drive burns the same image
> just fine while running 2.2.17.

I have (or to be fair, my work has) an old HP7200 parallel port CD-R
and CD-RW drive, and it runs perfectly under 2.4.0-test7... Haven't had
a single burn that has failed. It's max speed is 2x, but i always use
the
speed=2... Dunno why.. Just does... I'll try without, but I can't see
what it should change...

Regards,
        Dennis Krøger

--
Thanks, and THIS time it really is fixed. I mean, how many times can we
get it wrong? At some point, we just have to run out of really bad