Re: 2.4.0-pre9: mga drm still not working

From: Jeffrey W. Baker (jwbaker@acm.org)
Date: Thu Oct 05 2000 - 13:28:55 EST

On Thu, 5 Oct 2000, Michael Meding wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> just a side note. It is recommended that you use the mga.o from dri tree
> anyway...
> not the one from the kernel tree. That won't help much about the
> underlying problem with the loading order but since there is no way to
> compile the mga.o in from the dri tree the problem itself vanishes ;-)

I downloaded the DRI CVS tree this morning and tried to build it, but
unfortunately it failed in numerous ways. Starting here:

as -o 3dnow_xform_masked4.o 3dnow_xform_masked4.i
Assembler messages:
Error: Can't open 3dnow_xform_masked4.i for reading.
3dnow_xform_masked4.i: No such file or directory
make[6]: *** [3dnow_xform_masked4.o] Error 1

Maybe I'll try building without the 3DNow business. Do you think that
will help?

-jwb