Re: 2.4.0-test9: USB-Mouse half recognized

From: Meino Christian Cramer (mccramer@s.netic.de)
Date: Wed Oct 04 2000 - 09:15:54 EST

From: Jan Niehusmann <jan@gondor.com>
Subject: Re: 2.4.0-test9: USB-Mouse half recognized
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2000 12:52:47 +0200

Hi Jan! Hi Listies! :-)

 I tried it both: uhci and usb.uhci:
 Same behaviour for both: Boot into runlevel 2. do a cat on
 /dev/input/mouse0 and move the mouse: OK, some glibberish bytes
 found their way onto the console.

 Start X

 Mouse cursor is frozen, but the device seems still be present, otherwise
 the X-Server would came back immediately with "no pointer device
 present" or something like that.

 An cat on the mouse dev again shows now the same behaviour: cat is
 able to "see" the device but no byte garbage is produced while moving
 the mouse....

 Still all modules are alive, no oops, no log...

 Do I have to recompile the X-Server ???

 If I can help to isolate the problem, please tell me what to do...;-)

 Keep hacking!
 Meino