Re: Xircom problems with test9-preX

From: David Hinds (dhinds@valinux.com)
Date: Tue Oct 03 2000 - 11:39:18 EST

On Wed, Oct 04, 2000 at 01:56:27AM +1100, Andrew Morton wrote:

> This patchlet was selectively taken from the latest pcmcia-cs
> (3.1.21-beta). It made my NIC work correctly - without this patch the
> Xircom NIC incorrectly enters half-duplex mode with disastrous
> performance consequences.

I doubt that the full duplex fix itself caused the problem. I think
this is probably another instance of the receive filter issue. When
you bring up the Xircom card, if you don't get incoming traffic, try
doing things like "ifconfig eth0 promisc" (which should always work);
sometimes it is also enough to do "ifconfig eth0 -promisc" a few
times (which should do nothing, but...)

-- Dave