RE: 2.2.17 3Com bug

From: jgoins@sunmine.com
Date: Mon Oct 02 2000 - 21:34:50 EST

Hi,
I always ran into a very similar problem using 3com cards in a dual-boot
environment with Windows. The solution which I discovered; which may or may
not apply here; is that the card retains some kind of settings information
from the os you are rebooting from, so when you reboot right into the next
os (without completely powering down first) the incorrect settings are
retained, effectively preventing or severely hindering the nic from
operating correctly. You might check if you experience the problem when you
completely power down between reboots.
Again, this may not apply here, but I thought it was worth mentioning since
this plagued me for a long while before I realized the obvious solution.

Regards,
Jim Goins
jgoins@sunmine.com