RTL8139 still doesn't work for me

From: Simon Richter (Simon.Richter@phobos.fachschaften.tu-muenchen.de)
Date: Mon Oct 02 2000 - 18:18:50 EST

Hi,

I'm running 2.2.17 with the rtl8139 fix from 2.2.18pre, and after about
two hours of normal operation (no crashes, no fs corruption -- Thanks
Jeff) the network suddenly stops responding. Calling "ifconfig" (just
looking at the stats) sometimes cures the problem, taking all interfaces
down and back up works everytime.

The problem does not occur if I route all traffic via the other network
card (this is how the box runs now), otherwise same setup. I have both
IPv4 and IPv6 running (directly on the network interface, without
tunneling).

Any ideas?

   Simon

--
PGP public key available from http://phobos.fs.tum.de/pgp/Simon.Richter.asc
 Fingerprint: 10 62 F6 F5 C0 5D 9E D8  47 05 1B 8A 22 E5 4E C1