Inter-device-driver communication?

From: Timur Tabi (ttabi@interactivesi.com)
Date: Mon Oct 02 2000 - 15:13:07 EST

Could someone tell me what is the preferred method of having two drivers
communicate with each other? I know a driver can send an ioctl to another
driver, but since both drivers exist in kernel space, and the kernel is
monolithic, I figured that direct calls from one driver to another is not only
possible but common.

Also, is it possible for one driver to load another driver? Would that require
kerneld, or is there a more direct procedure?

--
Timur Tabi - ttabi@interactivesi.com
Interactive Silicon - http://www.interactivesi.com