Re: problems with 2.4.0-test8

From: Petko Manolov (petkan@dce.bg)
Date: Mon Oct 02 2000 - 08:49:46 EST

Richard Polton wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am using 2.4.0-test8 on an i686 laptop. I find that netscape-4.72
> keeps locking up. I am not able to kill the process at all (without
> a reboot, and SysRQ cannot do a sync on the partition it is running
> in either). I have been advised that RvR's memory patches will fix
> this but I have yet to try. (This behaviour also can be seen with
> ppp-2.4.0, which is a trifle irritating 8-)

I have the same kind of problems with 2.4.0-test8, test-9-pre[678].

I'd thought it is due to bug in my (usb pegasus) driver which i used
most of the time. But i got the same crash with eepro100 which is
considered to be fairly solid.

The bug appears when netscape tries to switch the windows or open new
one. I'm afraid the newest RvR's MM code is not so stable.

best,
Petkan