Re: What is up with Redhat 7.0?

From: Martin Dalecki (dalecki@evision-ventures.com)
Date: Sun Oct 01 2000 - 08:44:45 EST

Marc Lehmann wrote:
> If you disagree personally or technically with me you either say this
> in public or private or keep quiet. Attacking me over totally unrelated
> things is obviously some maneuver to distract people from the real,
> kernel-related question, and I have no idea why you are doing this...
>
> After all, even if you do work for redhat, the way redhat actively damages
> linux (the kernel), other distributions (who probably would like to do the
> same) and free softwrae projects JUST NOW should not leave you quietly
> obeying (mind you, I am not the only one saying this).

WHAT? Are you nuts - they pay breed for many of the core kernel
developers - I think if they didn't those would actually
have entierly stopped working on Linux otherwise just after finishing
scool and going into the real world out there. You can't hardly call
this behaviour *demanging*!!! And then there is Alan himself!

> Redhat certainly is not special compared to other distros. But redhat is
> the largest one, and they started the trend to monopolize the market at
> the cost of morality, ethics and free software.

Just tell me what's about ethics involved here - they just do business
here and they do it in a *very* open way indeed. This is what the GPL is
explicitly permitting them to do.