Re: system instable (asus P2L97DS) under X - Solved!

Walter Hofmann (Walter.Hofmann@physik.stud.uni-erlangen.de)
Thu, 23 Dec 1999 23:36:48 +0100

On Thu, 23 Dec 1999, Folkert van Heusden wrote:

> Then, another good thing happened yesterday; I used that diamond
> card since one day my matrox millenium g200 went blank; no sync
> signals(!) on the monitor anymore. I sent Matrox a message, got
> back some dos-util which resets some on-prom-settings or whatso-
> ever and it works again! Really hilarious.

Some Matrox cards have a flaky flash ROM which forgets its contents once
in a while. You need to refresh it regularly to prevent this. Maybe
XFree should do this in the future...

Walter