Re: fb on permedia 2

Jakub Jelinek (jakub@redhat.com)
Thu, 23 Dec 1999 09:15:55 +0100

On Thu, Dec 23, 1999 at 12:17:55PM +0530, vinny wrote:
> hi all,
> I have a creative graphics blaster extreme video card based on permedia
> 2 chipset. I have compiled in permedia2 support in the kernel. But whenever I
> boot I get a message saying pm2conf: no boards found. If I try vga=ask in the
> lilo prompt and type in a number , say 311 , I get an error message saying no
> valid mode found for that number.
> Can you please tell me as to what should I do to get framebuffer
> working on my pm2.

Look at 2.3.35 pre patches, there are my changes to the pm2fb which ought to
support any permedia2 and permedia2v cards (tested on Raptor Permedia2v
/SPARC only though).
The old driver was recognizing from PCI cards only TI cards, not 3DLabs
cards (plus several things changed because 2v differs from 2 a little bit).
If you'll have problems with it, let me know.

Cheers,
Jakub