Re: [patch] 2.3.35pre1: printer console LF->CRLF translation

Matti Aarnio (matti.aarnio@sonera.fi)
Wed, 22 Dec 1999 21:06:42 +0200

On Wed, Dec 22, 1999 at 06:10:23PM +0000, Tim Waugh wrote:
> Just spotted this. I made the fix ages ago but forgot to merge it.
> Without this, you get stair-stepping text. :-(

Hmm... Yes, that is for CONSOLE writes to printer.
Makes immense sense. (And doesn't clash against
normal printing -- my initial reaction.)
( This is the only thing why my very old contiguous
paper printer still in use :) -- that printer has
switches to have same effect as your patch. )