Re: CD Jukeboxes?

Homme R. Bitter (homme@vuurwerk.nl)
Wed, 22 Dec 1999 22:17:54 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 22 Dec 1999, Juan Carlos Castro y Castro wrote:

> (Please CC to me as I'm not on the list)
>
> What kind of support the Linux kernel has to CD jukeboxes? What kind of
> jukebox hardware is known to run OK under Linux?

The standard kernel isn't really specialized in SCSI jukebox stuff, your
mileage may vary, maybe people can give you success and failure reports on
various configurations.
There is a non-mainstream patch we have used for a while, it worked okay.
We just couldn't fit stuff on our jukebox anymore so we are now running
mirrors.

You can find it at:

http://www.in-berlin.de/User/kraxel/linux.html

Good luck,

Homme R. Bitter *NIX admin, BOFH, MCSE, parttime divine entity.

REM This is a comment, I realy, really, really love comments.