Re: 2.3.34 confirmation of bugfix (panic if no disk in ZIP drive)

Sergey Kubushin (ksi@ksi-linux.com)
Wed, 22 Dec 1999 12:17:50 +0200 (EET)

On Wed, 22 Dec 1999, Tigran Aivazian wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Yesterday evening I put lots of debugging code in partition check and in
> sd in hope to fix this bug but, sadly, when I rebooted this new 2.3.24
> kernel - it just worked (and it was not my debug code that fixed it :)
>
> So, the problem was - if you take out a ZIP disk from the SCSI ZIP drive
> and boot you panic on partition check. Not any more.

It's seems still to be there... My posting about gdth driver crash looks
like it does bomb when checking partition on a MO drive hooked to the
GDT6117RP. The driver does load, finds RAID drive and oopses afterwards when
tries to detect MO drive. It does show up in lsmod as uninitialized.