Re: Ok, making ready for pre-2.4 and code-freeze..

Tigran Aivazian (tigran@sco.COM)
Wed, 22 Dec 1999 08:42:00 +0000 (GMT)

On Tue, 21 Dec 1999, Rogier Wolff wrote:
> So, in this case it should return 0xc481ad8c, which is a negative number.
> So the library would set errno to 3b7e5274 and return -1. My guess is that
> lseek returns 0 in that case. So lseek is no longer conforming to the
> manpage which states that it will return the offset from the beginning.

well, I looked at it in a geometro-topological way, i.e. assumed that "in
the universe of negative off_t offsets, the large (but useful)
loff_t offsets are compactified into a single point 0" and as for errors
"as long as we stay away from the singularity -1 we are okay and the
resulting offset 0 is *not* an error, it is just weirdly mapped from a
different manifold" ;)

Regards,
Tigran.