Re: Disk access priority

Mike A. Harris (mharris@meteng.on.ca)
Tue, 21 Dec 1999 16:06:43 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 15 Dec 1999, Sasi Peter wrote:

>fileserver (/mnt/store).
> I would like to set priorities for partition access to something like
>this:
>0 md0 (highest)
>1 md1
>2 md2, md3, md4
>4 md5
>
>So that access request for partition 1 is always performed before req. for
>2,3,4,5, ut never before a pending part. 0 request.
>
>Is this possible with linux?

Is it possible in other OS's? Personally I can't see how it
would be that useful, but...

If it were to exist, I would think that it could cause race
conditions to occur.

--
Mike A. Harris                                     Linux advocate
Computer Consultant                                  GNU advocate

Join the FreeMWare project - the goal to produce a FREE program in which you can run Windows 95/98/NT, and other operating systems.

http://www.freemware.org