2.3.30 linuxNFS import is broken (Screwed up NFS/RPC credentials)

Trond Myklebust (trond.myklebust@fys.uio.no)
Mon, 20 Dec 1999 21:36:02 +0100 (CET)

> Sorry for the delay. I just imported 2.3.30. There are many
> changes at the fs layer. As the result, the linux-2.3 tree is
> broken again. Trond, could you please take a look? I am
> planning to import 2.3.31-2.3.33 before I leave for vacation
> tomorrow, Dec. 21.

Arrgh. Somebody has messed about with the API for readpage and
writepage, so that they no longer pass the file pointer!

This screws up any attempt to cache the RPC credentials at file
opening, since there's no longer any way to pass the credential down
to the read/write.

I'll try to get round to reverting this in the LinuxNFS tree tomorrow...

Cheers,
Trond