Re: Ok, I give up...

David Edwards (gecker@offbeatmedia.com)
Mon, 20 Dec 1999 09:39:54 -0800

At 03:28 PM 12/20/99 +0000, you wrote:
> > OK, I'll compile a 2.2.13/ikd kernel as soon as it is copied to that
> > machine (an hour or so). What options do you want me to switch on?
>
>If you are seeing lockups probably all the lockup detection code. That
>might trigger the occasional false positive.

I have been experimenting with ikd and some of the memleak scripts while I
wait for other things to happen. What are reasonable values to see from
memleak/dosum ? It looks like dcache.c:492 continues to grow, while
everything else flucuates. Below is some info from my PPro 200 that has
192M ram.

Thanks, David

[root@ns9 memleak]# uptime
9:19am up 6:09, 1 user, load average: 1.11, 1.10, 0.83
[root@ns9 memleak]# ./dosum
8 af_inet.c:350
4 af_unix.c:421
1 af_unix.c:580