Re: ANNOUNCE: Kernel Journal

Zack Brown (zbrown@linuxcare.com)
Sat, 18 Dec 1999 15:46:16 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

On Tue, 14 Dec 1999, Zack Brown wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The Kernel Journal is at
> http://www.linuxcare.com/developers/kernel

I'd like to thank everyone for the phenomenal response! A lot of folks sent
in suggestions for projects that should be covered by Kernel Journal.

Here's what I've changed and added so far.

* the devfs entry has been split into "devfs stable" and "devfs unstable"
* added the user-mode port
* added ppskit
* added ksymoops

There were a lot of other suggestions that have not been incorporated yet
for one reason or another. But they helped me get certain basic guidelines
clear, about how to help with Kernel Journal:

1) don't sent me your announcements directly. Kernel Journal snoops
linux-kernel automatically.

2) to let me know about your project, please include the following
information about each project:

1) the email address or email addresses from which the announcements are
made.

2) the standard form of the subject line of the announcement, which it
will always take. Example: "modutils 2.3.8 is available"

3) tell me when a previous announcement took place on linux-kernel, so I
can grab it from the archives. I need at least one announcement to start off
the new entry

4) (optional) a brief description of the project, which I will include
in the 'descriptions' page. Also the name of the author, and a web or ftp
site to download the source.

Thanks everyone,
Zack

--
Zack Brown, Developer Services Editor, Linuxcare, Inc.
tel: 1-415-354-4878x284, fax: 1-415-701-7457