Re: 2.3.34-pre1: chopped boot command line problem

Walter Hofmann (Walter.Hofmann@physik.stud.uni-erlangen.de)
Sat, 18 Dec 1999 17:29:42 +0100

On Fri, 17 Dec 1999, Tigran Aivazian wrote:

> On Thu, 16 Dec 1999 nathan.zook@amd.com wrote:
> > Oh, the long command line problem is getting a partial fix, too. For our
> > edification, could you send an actual command line that is getting chopped?
> > It will let me know if my fix sufficies, or if a deeper fix is needed.
>
> # wc /proc/cmdline
> 1 7 79 /proc/cmdline

I recently noticed that the LILO that comes with SuSE 6.3 chops the
command line at 79 characters.

The LILO that comes with SuSE 6.3 has a patch called
"lilo-newEBDA.patch" applied which limits the length of the command line
to 79 characters. If this is the problem you are seeing then remove the
patch and recompile the source rpm. (I can also mail you a new rpm if
you want.)

Walter