Re: [Fwd: Dual Celery on BP6]

Harold Oga (ogah@telusplanet.net)
Fri, 17 Dec 1999 22:58:07 -0700

On 09:33 PM 12/17/99 -0800, Aaron Holtzman wrote:
>It would seem that Mike Frisch (mfrisch@saturn.tlug.org) said:
> > I am definitely not disputing this point, but it appears the even those
> > who have changed the gree heatsink with something larger and lowered this
> > chip temperature substantially are still experiencing the problem
> > (overclocked or not). Are you of the opinion that this is entirely a heat
> > problem?
>
>There appears to be some correlation with APIC wackyness and higher
>speed FSBs. I don't think this is necessarily a heat problem, but it
>would be nice to remove some variables.

One thing I noticed on my BP6 system with dual 400's was that with a 250W
power supply I would get lots of APIC errors even at 66MHz and my I/O voltage
would fluctuate as much as 15%. Once I replaced it with a 300W power supply,
the voltage smoothed out, and I noticed that I rarely, if ever get APIC errors
at 66MHz anymore. Another thing to consider anyways.

-Harold

--
"Life sucks, deal with it!"