Re: Dual Celery on BP6

Ted Sikora (tsikora@home.com)
Fri, 17 Dec 1999 10:39:53 -0500

pwalt@onthenet.com.au wrote:

> I have a 2x 366 system which has this problem at 66MHz. It might be a thermal
> problem, however it hasn't improved with adding heatsink paste and a fan to the
> BX chipset heatsink.
>
> It certainly got WORSE if overclocked the system, but it never goes away at
> 66MHz, it just happens less often.
>
> My suspicion would be board fault, or a timing problem somewhere.
>
> It's not necessarilly a kernel bug, but I think blaming this one on
> overclocking is taking the easy way out.
>
> Peter

I have the same board runing with 2x400 @504 (84Mhz bus)with no
problems.
I can overclock without errors to 94. What is your voltage setting. I
have found anything above 2.1 causes it to run too hot. I have mine set
at 2.05v. Later today I am going to put the new 100Mhz Celerons in to
see if this problem is related to overclocking.

These are the only negative messages I get:

mtrr: your CPUs had inconsistent fixed MTRR settings
mtrr: probably your BIOS does not setup all CPUs

Regards,

--
Ted Sikora
Jtl Development Group