Re: strange usb behavior

Petko Manolov (petkan@spct.net)
Thu, 16 Dec 1999 17:47:04 +0000

"Dunlap, Randy" wrote:

> So are you saying that you do a control msg read/INput
> to modify device registers? Or could it be that
> you did a control msg write/OUTput to modify registers
> and then did a control msg read/INput to read those
> registers, and we are not seeing the entire log here?

The last. I write/OUTpu, then read/INput and i see the
warning. But registers are set correctly. I red mails in
the linux-usb mailing list and saw that Donald Becker
had the same problems.

> So is the vendor-specific [control msg] a write/Output
> or a read/Input?

Both.

> I haven't written a network driver for Linux (I have for
> NetWare, DOS, and some Windows). In all of those, I
> agree with you. start_xmit() would be in process
> context, not interrupt context.

It seems logical, isn't it? ;-)

Now many things are changing since i know the existence of
the list. At least two guys write the same driver like me.
See what happens without coordination in the society ;-))

Petkan