Re: Bash Issues

Dominik Kubla (dominik.kubla@uni-mainz.de)
Wed, 15 Dec 1999 15:05:02 +0100

On Tue, Dec 14, 1999 at 04:35:42PM -0500, Mark H. Wood wrote:

> BTW somebody brought up "VT100 escape sequences". One might not know it
> from looking at some emulators' buggy implementations, but this is also
> not open to interpretation; there should be a DEC-STD-??? document that
> defines it, and it's a subset of another ANS X3.something.
>
> Let's be careful out there.

While we are talking about standards: let's not forget the respective
ISO and ECMA standards. Especially the ECMA standards come in handy,
because ECMA makes them available for free on their website.

I once started to make the linux console vt-emulation ECMA-compliant,
but i got side-tracked later on.

Yours,
Dominik Kubla