Re: kernel not willing to uncompress without keyboard

Chris Noe (stiker@northlink.com)
Tue, 14 Dec 1999 19:27:55 -0500 (EST)

I have a feeling that its the empty_8042 routine in arch/i386/boot/setup.S
that's causing you problems.... without a keyboard attached, some
controllers will hang there, sadly. If you feel brave, take a look in
setup.S around lines 598 (where we enable a20) and 783 (the empty_8042
routine itself) and see if you can get rid of those calls to empty_8042
or otherwise screw around in there so that it doesn't wait forever to
empty the controller's buffers.

Chris Noe
(stiker@northlink.com)