Re: Calling VESA BIOS routines from kernel?

Kendall Bennett (KendallB@scitechsoft.com)
Tue, 14 Dec 1999 13:33:12 -0800

Egbert Eich <eich@hilbert.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de> wrote:

> > >What is missing however is a parser for EDID2.
> >
> > EDID2? Do you mean the EDID that is part of DDC 2, or is this
> > yet another format of monitor timing information?

> No, this is the 256 byte info block specified in the EDID3.0
> ducument (or was it the other way around?)

Forget about EDID2 for now. No-one is actually shipping stuff that
uses the extended EDID2 info blocks, since it was originally designed
for the VESA PnD flat panel connectors, which flopped miserably. I
have yet to see any device with EDID2 in it, and as such we have not
yet written an EDID2 parser for our tools either ;-)

Regards,

| SciTech Software - Building Truly Plug'n'Play Software! |
| Kendall Bennett | Email: KendallB@scitechsoft.com |
| Director of Engineering | Phone: (530) 894 8400 |
| SciTech Software, Inc. | Fax : (530) 894 9069 |
| 505 Wall Street | ftp : ftp.scitechsoft.com |
| Chico, CA 95928, USA | www : http://www.scitechsoft.com |