Re: Bash Issues

Alexander Viro (viro@math.psu.edu)
Mon, 13 Dec 1999 14:25:08 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 13 Dec 1999, Jeff V. Merkey wrote:

> Alan,
>
> All I am trying to do is get a CWorthy style interface up on Linux for
> all the Netware NDS and NWFS Utils and such. On a standard PC, this is
> pretty easy to do with NT, DOS, NetWare, and WIn95/98. I've got a
> single source Lib that handles all of them for CWorthy -- For the DOS
> version, it's direct screen writes, for NT the Console Text APIs, and
> for Linux it's (n)curses, except Linux has the poorest look and feel of
> the three because the default for these shells don't let you use all
> ASCII charaters to make cool little boxes and such without a lot of work
> and research into how shells work.

Jeff, I'm sorry to break it on you, but you are cretin. And I mean it.
1001st time: SHELL HAS NOFSCKINGTHING WITH THAT. Luser.

> Again, the point that is missed is that for all you "unix hacker guru
> types" having to do "set meta-on" an such in a /.inputrc file may not be
> a big deal, but end user customers are lazy and don't want to do a weeks
> worth of research just to get their displays to look like what they are
> used to with NetWare, DOS, NT, Windows 95/98, etc.

It has nothing with .inputrc, you, <censored>. Just how many time should
you hear it before it will sink in?

> I know you guys
> think I'm anal here or something, but I am trying to make this easy for

... for values of "something" being "clueless luser with ego on steroids"
Frankly, in _any_ UNIX software house your lack of clue would cost you job
in a week (if your boss would be kind enough to give you such week for
reading the fscking manual, that is).