Re: Supporting Macintosh FinderInfo/Resource Fork in Linux NWFS 2.0

Jeff V. Merkey (jmerkey@timpanogas.com)
Mon, 13 Dec 1999 09:57:45 -0700

All,

I've read through all the threads, and I am still mystified as to why
our standard bash shell (which I love) does not have this enabled by
default -- I think I've tracked down the problem here, it's the
character set the bash shell is using to output unicode. The data does
make it through with the eighth bit, but gets translated into a "non PC"
character set by default on bash (???).

Jeff