Re: Regarding bash and 8th bit

Jeff V. Merkey (jmerkey@timpanogas.com)
Mon, 13 Dec 1999 01:50:57 -0700

Ben,

Thanks for the info, but why on earth does someone even have to do this
to get the damn to work right when it should do it in the first place.
I don't even think anyone makes a seven bit terminal anymore, and even
if they do, who cares, we should suppport PC STANDARDS since Linux is a
PC OPERATING SYSTEM ..... Let the 7 bit terminals display **SHIT**
output and put the right thing on the Linux "PC OPERATING SYSTEM" based
display instead of limitng the whole planet to 7 bits just because Unix
had the misfortune long ago of supporting 7 bit terminals?
Geeezzzzz.......

Jeff