Re: READ/WRITE CDROM

Jens Axboe (axboe@image.dk)
Sun, 12 Dec 1999 23:44:59 +0000

On Sun, Dec 12 1999, Richard B. Johnson wrote:
> Okay, thanks. The Yamaha has a "block-size" jumper that is
> supposed to (it says for UNIX) make the drive have 512-byte
> "sectors". This should allow the drive to function as a
> "disk block device". I will be happy to test, (and possibly hack)

That won't give you anything. You still need to feed it packets,
not just fragments of one.

> anything you want to send me. The easiest way to send stuff
> is via ftp to bonserver.analogic.com. Just email me when you
> have uploaded something because I don't check this "hole-in-the-wall"
> every day!
>
> Boneserver should be 'known', if not its 204.178.40.210.

Ok, I'll put up the cdrwtools. The actual packet writing layer
is not ready for testing yet, I've had far too little time
to hack on it lately. Come January and I'll get a first
version ready.

--
*  Jens Axboe <axboe@image.dk>
*  Linux CD-ROM Maintainer