Re: keyboard scancodes

Vojtech Pavlik (vojtech@suse.cz)
Sat, 11 Dec 1999 16:22:39 +0100

On Sat, Dec 11, 1999 at 05:32:43PM +0200, Mika Penttilä wrote:

> Hi! I looked at your input patch and was wondering the scancode to
> keycode mappings (for instance atkbd_set2_keycode). The values in the
> table seem very odd, shouldn't this be "normally" a 1:1 mapping, as in
> the current kernels. At least the defaults... And even if there's a
> userland utility...
> --Mika

The mappings can't be 1:1, because the current kernel uses set1 (XT)
keycodes, while the driver operates with set2 (AT) or set3 (PS/2)
keycodes, which are much more reasonable.

The userland utility for loading these mappings is still to be written,
but I'm working on that. ;) Right now you can add any codes you need
directly to the driver tables.

--
Vojtech Pavlik
SuSE Labs