Re: "Internet Keyboard" support for Linux

Vojtech Pavlik (vojtech@suse.cz)
Sat, 11 Dec 1999 10:04:33 +0100

On Fri, Dec 10, 1999 at 10:37:33AM +0100, Pavel Machek wrote:
> Hi!
>
> > This system is implimented at the kernel level. It works in X,
> > console,
> > SVGAlib, and everywhere else. Having something just based in X
> > isn't as
> > flexible. (some of us still like the console)
> >
> > Ryan
> >
> > An advice dont reinvent the wheel.
> > BTW why should it work under console ? ,
> > so you could press the internet button for a netscape in console mode
> > heh ..
>
> So I could emulate mouse on console so that gpm is usable on machine
> without mouse (or with broken trackpoint like my thinkpad).
> Pavel

But, well, this is still possible without a specific kernel driver for
the Internet keyboard - just attach the strings to the keys and read
them from the console ...

--
Vojtech Pavlik
SuSE Labs