Re: Catching a process before it sleeps on file IO?

Nat Lanza (magus@cs.cmu.edu)
10 Dec 1999 12:51:53 -0500

sp@albion.engr.sgi.com (Simon Patience) writes:

> I guess the first question to ask is what are you really trying to do? (As
> opposed to how you are trying to do it, which you have described).

Basically, I'd like to create a special kernel thread for my own
nefarious purposes when a PF_MONKEY process blocks on a file read,
unless the special thread already exists.

I'll go into more detail privately if you like, but I'd like to avoid
discussing too many of the details publically until the work is
further along.

--nat

--
nat lanza --------------------- research programmer, parallel data lab, cmu scs