Re: SIGCONT misbehaviour in Linux

Ulrich Drepper (drepper@cygnus.com)
10 Dec 1999 07:49:48 -0800

sp@albion.engr.sgi.com (Simon Patience) writes:

> [...]
> No, the problem is that you shouldn't have interrupted it in the first
> place. What is the point of interrupting a blocked process so that you
> can block it?

I agrre, that is what seems to happen. With one little addition: at
least on Solaris the syscall in the end nevertheless returns EINTR.
I'm not sure whether this is useful but it might be ok since
a) code today already has to handle EINTR
b) it provides the user more information (e.g., that she could find out
that the process has possibly slept for a long time)