Re: Alpha: virt_to_bus/GFP_DMA problem

Ingo Molnar (mingo@chiara.csoma.elte.hu)
Fri, 10 Dec 1999 16:27:55 +0100 (CET)

--79888902-1880743140-944839675=:5266

On Fri, 10 Dec 1999, Thomas Sailer wrote:

> Anyway, the following patch should safely disable recording
> when virt_to_bus(kmalloc(GFP_DMA)) > 16M. Playback should
> still work, as interestingly the playback controller
> has a full 32bit address register.

ack, now i understand, this is on the _Alpha_, stupid me. It should be
really trivial to create a 16MB GFP_DMA zone on the Alpha (right now it
creates one single zone). Could you try the attached patch?

probably the right solution is to introduce an Alpha-specific DMA24BIT
zone?

Ingo

--79888902-1880743140-944839675=:5266

LS0tIGxpbnV4L2FyY2gvYWxwaGEvbW0vaW5pdC5jLm9yaWc0CUZyaSBEZWMg
MTAgMDc6MTg6MTkgMTk5OQ0KKysrIGxpbnV4L2FyY2gvYWxwaGEvbW0vaW5p
dC5jCUZyaSBEZWMgMTAgMDc6MjA6MzAgMTk5OQ0KQEAgLTIxMCw2ICsyMTAs
OSBAQA0KICN1bmRlZiBPUkRFUl9NQVNLDQogI3VuZGVmIE9SREVSX0FMSUdO
DQogDQorCS8vIEhBQ0sNCisJZG1hX3BmbiA9IDE2KjEwMjQqMTAyNC9QQUdF
X1NJWkU7DQorDQogCWlmIChkbWFfcGZuID4gaGlnaF9wZm4pDQogCQl6b25l
c19zaXplW1pPTkVfRE1BXSA9IGhpZ2hfcGZuOw0KIAllbHNlIHsNCg==
--79888902-1880743140-944839675=:5266--